Recipe Brioche French toast with salted butter caramel sauce Sèvre & Belle
For 6 persons :
• 1 brioche butter (280 g)
• 500 ml of milk de nos Fermes Sèvre & Belle
• 2 organic eggs
• 75 g caster sugar
• 1 pinch of salt
• 25 g of butter Baratte du Crémier doux Sèvre & Belle
Caramel and salted butter sauce
• 200 g of sugar
• 200 ml of liquid cream
• 20 g of butter Baratte du Crémier doux Sèvre & Belle
• 1 pinch de fleur de sel de l’Île de Ré
For the little extra indulgence :
• 4 tablespoons sliveredalmonds (in strips)
- Heat the liquid cream in a saucepan. Dice the butter.
- At the same time, in a non-stick pan, bring the sugar to a boil without stirring until the color is dark brown. Then remove from the heat.
- Pour the heated cream into the caramel, stirring. Add the diced butter and then the fleur de sel.
- Bring everything to a boil and simmer for about 2-3 minutes (see a little more, if you want it a little thicker).
- Remove from heat, put in a pot. Allow to cool to room temperature then store in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, break the eggs. Add 75 g of sugar, mix then add the milk and 1 small pinch of salt.
- Cut the brioche into slices 1 cm thick. Dip them quickly in the mixture made previously.
- Melt the butter Baratte du Crémier doux Sèvre & Belle in a non-stick pan.
- Brown the brioche slices over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on one side, then turn them over and continue cooking for 1 minute on the other.
- Serve the brioche with the salted butter caramel sauce and sprinkle with slivered almonds, previously roasted for a few minutes in the pan.
Recipe by ©Anne Lataillade from the blog www.papillesetpupilles.fr